VINITECH INNOVATION TOUR
ONE PROGRAMME, SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES!
Vinitech Innovation Tour continues in 2022 with one new destination
The next Vinitech Innovation Tour will be in South Africa from the 24 to 28 October 2022
The 4 partners of the Vinitech Innovation Tour : Vinitech-Sifel, Interco Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Inno'vin and the Institute of Vine & Wine Science, and its local partners : Stellenbosch University and WineTech are mobilized to allow you to meet the major actors of the sector.
Come and exchange with the technical managers during the vineyard visits (Bartinney, l'Avenir, KWV, etc.), present your technical solutions during the B2B meetings, learn more about the industry and its challenges during the technical conferences, and expand your business contacts during the networking events.
South Africa is a well-known wine producing country with an innovative and dynamic wine industry:
- 1st wine producing country in the world to be certified "Fair Trade": the country is committed to more sustainable and responsible practices in the industry.
- South African wine producers are investing in research projects to gain more visibility on the global market and improve quality.
- Most of the wineries have bet on wine tourism to promote and sell their wines.
The actors of the French wine industry have a chance to play in the fields of innovation, environmental approaches, quality improvement, scientific and technical cooperation.
Last edition : Vinitech Innovation Tour Mexico from the 2 to 9 July 2022
At first glance, Mexico is not known for its wine production, but vines have been grown in the country for decades and it has the oldest vineyards of the American continent. The eight companies of the Vinitech Innovation Tour delegation: Pépinières du Vieux Puit, Wax&Grafts, Lamouroux, Onafis, EtOh, Overdrive and Clairéo, and the Director of the Viticulture and Enology Department of the Gironde Chamber of Agriculture (Laurent Bernos) were able to discover two wine-producing states: Guanajuato and Baja California.
In the region of San Miguel de Allende (Guanajuato) and Ensenada (Baja California), technical visits, conferences, B2B meetings and networking events were organized to allow the delegation to meet the key actors of the local ecosystems. The two regions present two different realities: in Guanajuato, the industry is structured around forty bodegas, but the number has doubled in 10 years. In fact, many of the bodegas visited had very recent infrastructures. Baja California alone concentrates 85% of Mexican wine production and presents a solid industry that will host the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV) Congress in October 2022.
During the discussions in the vineyards, conference rooms and very often over a glass of wine, the themes of water management and irrigation (which is the norm there) came up in both regions, even if the biggest concern is in Baja California. The improvement of wine quality was also a concern expressed by professionals in the sector who are constantly seeking to improve and innovate. Wine tourism is at the center of the development strategy of the wineries, and all the wineries visited offer high quality wine tourism services to visitors.
Whether in Guanajuato or in Baja California, the industry is dynamic and full of development projects, and we look forward seeing Mexican actors at Vinitech-Sifel 2022 to consolidate the ties that have been established.
- An initiative created for professionals by professionals, close to your issues and rich in a double expertise both in wine and export, thanks to the SIRENA program of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine Region
- A dense and diversified program (technical visits, round tables, pre-programmed BtoB meetings, networking...)
- Complete and personalised support to define and validate your expectations, identify the best local contacts, and ensure the follow-up on your return
- A guarantee of personalised meetings with qualified assistance during your meetings (translation, personalised assistance...)
- The Vinitech Innovation Tours offer you a unique opportunity to showcase your solutions, as well as a turnkey solution for your export initiatives.
Hélène Lopez – INTERCO NOUVELLE-AQUITAINE
- Tél : +33 6 85 12 47 98
Ana Merchan – INTERCO NOUVELLE-AQUITAINE
- Tél : +33 7 62 23 65 28
Gracie Boland – INNO’VIN
International Development and Animation Officer
- Tél : +33 7 68 65 39 15