Year after year, organic agriculture is gaining ground in vineyards, orchards and fields. In response to the specific expectations of these producers — be they already certified, undergoing conversion or planning on converting to organic agriculture — VINITECH-SIFEL is launching a practical guide, produced in partnership with BIOFIL magazine, the Aquitaine Organic Wine Association, the Gironde Chamber of Agriculture and the Nouvelle Aquitaine Regional Federation of Organic Farmers.
In this guide, handed out at the entrance to the fair, visitors will find:
- all offerings in the fair that are compatible with organic agriculture (equipment and products designed for production and processing, advice, etc.). Compiled by a committee of experts in order to ensure the exhibitors' compliance with organic principles, this list is divided into major topics: soil tillage, organic control, fertilisers, plant selection, spraying, product processing and packaging.
- Programme of conferences on organic issues
- Overview of the organic agriculture market
Organic agriculture in France in 2015: record growth!
- 1.375 million hectares in total (+ 23%/2014) corresponding to 5.1% of the agricultural land area
- 312,500 ha undergoing conversion (x 2/2014), including 226,130 ha in the first year
- 28,884 farms committed to organic agriculture, corresponding to 6.5% of French farms (+ 9%/2014)
- 101,000 full-time equivalent jobs in France, including 69,000 on farms (nearly 10% of agricultural employment)
- A food market worth €5.76 billion (+14.7%/2014), including €225 million in organic products purchased by group-catering organisations (+18%/2014)
- 9 out of 10 French people consume organic products: 65% of them at least once a month
Sources: Agence BIO/OC, Agreste 2015
Download the 2016 guide
In partnership with: